List of products by brand IBI
IBI is an innovative hi-tech Swiss biomedical company focused on research, development and production of medical devices for tissue engineering and regenerative medicine: substitutes, grafts, 3D matrixes and 2D scaffolds. IBI believes that regenerative medicine and tissue engineering represent the future for health. BI has strong competencies and core skills in processing materials for biomedical applications, used to develop proprietary technologies to build its new and innovative products. IBI pays extreme attention to safety and quality: IBI is ISO13485 certified. SmartBone® is CE marked according to 93/42/CE Directive classified as a class III Medical Device.
IBI history at a Glance
• IBI achieves the renewal of the CE mark on SmartBone®, by Notified Body BSI.
• IBI obtains the certification under new ISO 13485-2016.
• IBI secures a set of financial support by its syndicate of investors which is joined by the Luxembourg SICAV “VitaTech”.
• IBI starts a series of publications on clinical results from the use of SmartBone® in different skeletal districts.
• IBI completes the insourcing of its full production process.
• IBI starts operations into the Orthopaedic field (oncology, traumatology, craniofacial, spinal, etc.)
• IBI and the Norwegian company Corticalis AS win an Eurostar grant on next generation of bone subsitutes: www.smartbonepep.eu
• The Compagnie Financiere St. Exupéry SA has become one of IBI’s investor.
• Agire Invest SA, the Development Agency of the Ministry of Economics of the Canton Ticino, joins IBI shareholders entering into equity as an Investor.
• IBI obtains ISO 13485 and ISO 9001 certifications and SmartBone® obtains the CE mark by DNV
• IBI opens its European Branch.
• IBI obtains the approval for clinical studies on SmartBone®.
• Phoenix|x-ray (a GE company) runs innovative microCT scans on SmartBone®.
• IBI is among partners of the Italian/Swiss InterReg project “Clu.B.”, financed under the patronage of the European Commission by the Italian Regione Lombardia, the Swiss Federal Government and the Ticino Economic Development Office.
• IBI starts selling SmartBone® for lab use in cell therapies development for bone regeneration.
• IBI is established as a privately owned company, under the Swiss Federal Laws.